Sunday, December 18, 2005

Cruising the Don

I went for a little tour of my neighbourhood and the Don River this morning. It looks like the local hockey rink is ready to play on. I didn't realize it's been cold enough for long enough already. This is an excellent rink. It's maintained by a couple of guys who obviously put a lot of their own time in to keep it in such good shape.


The trip down into the Don River Valley wasn't far away. On my way, I passed many Conservative Party signs. I saw the local Conservative candidate out canvassing yesterday, and it looks like he got a big jump on the Liberals in getting signs put up. I wonder how many people don't want to have a Liberal sign on their lawn, even if they plan on voting Liberal, because of the frequent use of the "crook" label.

Near Sunnybrook Hospital, this is either the Don River or Burke Brook (no doubt the inspiration for Brooke Burke's name choice).


I met up with another cyclist in the park. He had gotten a flat, so talk turned to tires. He was sporting the Nokian 106's, which he seemed to be happy with. My Schwalbe 100's are working out alright, by the way. They aren't guaranteed to keep me in control, but I've been feeling comfortable with them now, unless the snow or slush is too deep and mushy. We had a good chat on other topics, and hopefully I'll see him out there again soon.

Those pictures are both in colour, by the way.

Darren J 12/18/2005 11:29:00 p.m.

4 Comments:

Boo. I think you posted this to remind me that despite my best intentions, I didn't bike this morning. I *did* return some blockbuster vids on the weekend by bike though...! Hope you had a great weekend. Are you planning on going to the Solstice at Kensington Wed. night? It sounds like fun.
Hi Darren, Sean has a mountain bike and does all the ski hills in and around Lake Louise, Banff and Canmore. He takes "black and white" photos also. Will talk to you about this after Christmas. Bob
I don't think I'll make it to the Kensington Solstice event. It looks like a good time, but I've been too busy with work and other stuff lately (of course I started my Christmas shopping in January, so that has nothing to do with it).
Hi Bob! I bet Sean's pictures have some more impressive backgrounds than mine. That would be great to see them. Hope we can meet up early in the New Year!

Add a comment