Monday, October 31, 2005

Critical Mass of One ... Again

Well it seems that fate has dealt another blow to my attempts at amassing critically. Last time I arrived much too late and couldn't find the group at all. This time I arrived just in time to see the blinky lights down the street from the meeting point.

I joined up and was happily riding with the crowd. I looked around for the other people I expected to be there, but didn't see anyone I recognized. I was distracted and self-concious of the fact that I was riding wearing brightly coloured safe cycling gear. I needed something dark and ominous. I pulled over and put on my nun-costume. The outfit's too small and not so practical for cycling, so I hiked up the skirt to allow my bare legs to reach the pedals, then hopped back into the traffic jammed road.

Unfortunately, I was never able to find the crowd again. I rode through Chinatown, through Kensington, down to Queen St, over past the Eaton Centre, up Yonge and across Bloor. I got a few strange looks, some questions, some laughs, and a lot of people who looked at me like they see guys dressed up like nuns on bikes all the time. Eventually I gave up and transformed back into safety-cyclist.

Too bad I didn't get to meet everyone. I was looking forward to it. I'm sure there will be another chance. At least it still ended up being a good time.

Darren J 10/31/2005 11:13:00 a.m.

1 Comments:

I'm glad you were able to get to "mass" for atleast a little bit... it's pretty fun, isn't it? The costumes add a lot of fun.

Add a comment