Thursday, October 20, 2005

The MAP

One of the great things about a city like Toronto is the number of people interested in making the city better. Some people may have purely selfish interests, like my request to the Prime Minister for a bike bridge that goes directly from Yonge and Lawrence to Hwy 7 and Leslie. Fortunately there are people out there who are looking for improvements to the system that will benefit everyone, like my friend Joe. He has started a program to encourage businesses to offer discounts to metropass holders. (The Metropass is the monthly Toronto Transit pass). This would encourage metropass ownership and give businesses the opportunity to promote themselves as friends of public transit users. The idea is smart and simple, especially as far as anything related to public transit goes. (it is already underway and it hasn't gotten any help from the TTC)

See if you can help, and find out more about The MAP. It's in its initial stages. Like I mentioned in my last post, bikes and transit work well together.

In other news, the cold is here. I like to think of it as free air conditioning. My ride this morning started at 3 degrees C. I wore a fleece under my rain coat and after 10 minutes removed my fleece to keep cool enough.

Darren J 10/20/2005 01:55:00 p.m.

1 Comments:

Thanks for the entry, Darren. If I can find some time this week and call some people back, there will be great MAPnews coming soon.

Add a comment