Saturday, December 17, 2005

Golf out - cycling in

I haven't been able to travel by bicycle much lately. I've been having some longer days at work, so the extra time it takes to bike isn't so welcome right now. This means my inspiration for my writing and philosophizing here has been limited.

If all the hours I'm putting in don't get noticed, at least my cycling may pull through for me. Apparently the Star is reporting on an article in the Economist (I thought the articles referring to articles is supposed to be the domain of the blog), that talks about the new trend of cycling and bragging about it work. From the article:

And hard cycling has become a way to impress the boss and get ahead. It may even be pulling ahead of other sports as an opportunity to network and seal deals.

I may not be riding centuries, but I don't see anyone else doing it at work. I guess "hard cycling" is relative and I'm set for success.

I'm hoping to get out for a two wheeled cruise alongside the Don River this weekend. I might even make it down to the Leslie Spit for a wintry view of the city.

Darren J 12/17/2005 11:00:00 a.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment