Thursday, December 22, 2005

Excuses

As you may have figured out, I've been pretty busy and mostly disconnected from this network we all share.

I finally rode my bike into work today. Since the snow has started to build up, I've been limiting myself to recreational rides or grocery store trips (it may be a short ride, but it's always fun trying to figure out how to pack everything into my pannier or on my rack).

The ride in today was actually not that different from my fall rides. It was bit cool at times, but not uncomfortable. My new wool socks (they are thick and brown, and look like I've wrapped my feet in well-done hamburgers) and some heavier boot-like shoes are taking good care of my feet. My second pair of gloves is taking care of my hands. And my thin balaclava is taking care of my ears and neck surprisingly well.

I liked seeing this posting on Craigslist in the New York City ride share section. If the last time there was a strike was 25 years ago, this opportunity really could make a difference for a few people.

Darren J 12/22/2005 05:52:00 p.m.

1 Comments:

I wonder if the tandem poster found a stoker.

Add a comment