Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Motorists pleased with cyclists

A man in a 5-series BMW gave me an emphatic thumbs-up as he passed me today. Then in the same Thornhill neighbourhood, not more than five minutes later, a guy in an older japanese car gave me a friendly wave and a smile.

David Suzuki says that one letter is worth 1000 opinions at a national (Canadian) level. So if I do some extrapolation with my case, I would say that one emphatic thumbs up means 200 other Thornhill residents are feeling similarly. And a friendly wave is worth 180 positive opinions towards cyclists.

Do you hear that, politicians of Thornhill, Markham, York Region and Ontario? At least 381 of your constituents have very positive feelings about cycling.

Darren J 4/19/2006 10:55:00 a.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment