Sunday, November 20, 2005

Derailleur debroken


It was a beautiful day today. I took my repaired road bike for a spin down to the hardware store. On top of getting the derailleur and chain replaced, I had the bottom bracket overhauled. The newly greased bottom bracket lets my feet glide in perfect and smooth circles around the axle. I didn't know what I was missing.

Now that I've seen the ToolWorks facilities, I'll do the next job like this myself. It'll probably be my headset that needs new bearings and grease. If I have the right tools and a good place to work, I'd really enjoy being able to keep things tuned up and running smoothly on my bike. Everyone complains about how cars are so computerized now, forcing them to visit mechanics all the time. Maybe they're all just bike advocates and they don't know it.

Darren J 11/20/2005 10:37:00 p.m.

3 Comments:

Hey Darren J
Like the pic of you on your bike. I really had to look to see the camera.
Looks like a fine ride...
I read the above comment, and clicked on the mentioned photo, and noticed that you were right by those weird glass wind-break things that I stumbled across a couple weeks ago by Metro Hall. Cool!
It was a strange coincidence. After I took those, I noticed you had some photos of it on your site too. I never would have recognized them otherwise. And I didn't realize that they're wind breaks. Makes sense.

Add a comment