Monday, July 31, 2006

It's coming

tomorrow's forcast from the Air Quality Ontario site

Better keep my mask handy.

The heat hasn't hit yet. Later today, it should be something like 35 C. I wonder if humidex values don't apply the same to cyclists since we generate our own breeze.

The expectation of heat made my ride extra comfortable this morning since I wore a "muscle shirt". Some people call them tank tops, but since this isn't such a visual medium, I'll take the liberty of using the term muscle shirt while I can.

Darren J 7/31/2006 09:50:00 a.m.

2 Comments:

I can answer my own question. Apparently the air speed doesn't play into the humidex
formula.


This surprises me since new air, brought by wind, should bring more capacity to absorb more sweat and help cool a person off.
I do find its often suprisingly comfortable to bike when its hot and humid out because of the breeze. OTOH, smog usually goes hand in hand with the heat and humidity and so biking through a thick mass of idling cars = blech!!!

Add a comment