Thursday, January 17, 2008

Preoccupation

How to get rich: Do what these guys did. I don't mean "follow their advice". I mean make your own advice. Make up a term that sounds pseudo scientific like "law of attraction" or "law of vibrations" and tell people that their success depends on their understanding of "physics". Man. Even though they have some helpful things to tell people, I got annoyed by the whole message while listening to this CBC news story. I typed "law of" in my browser search box and it auto-completed it with "attraction". They must be doing something right. Their law of attraction is that "likes attract", just like how the north side of a magnet is attracted to another north side. hmmm.

While we're on news items, I give a tip of the toque to Paul Cottle who quit his job to make a point against weapons and war. It's nice to see that a person can make a loud statement this way.

I really didn't mean to end this blog. I think I'll be able to resuscitate it. This isn't the end. It's just been a pause. A rest.

I've been totally preoccupied lately. One of the things keeping me busy is something I was planning to wait a bit longer to announce here. But since you're obviously a dedicated reader (you're on the fourth paragraph, no mention of bikes yet, and no pictures!) I'm going to let you in on it. I'm going to be a dad very soon. My wife's due date is days away.

One of the first gifts I got was a bike trailer from my mother-in-law. It was very sweet of her, especially since I know she doesn't have the safest impression of bicycles. Of course I'm excited about what's to come, and I hope to share some of my experiences here, so this blog will be around a while longer. I know I'm not the first person to transport a kid by bike, but I have a surprising amount of editorial control on this blog.

I should have an update next week. Hopefully sooner!

Labels:

Darren J 1/17/2008 10:36:00 p.m.

6 Comments:

Congratulations! Speaking as the father of two college-age children, I can say that life's greatest and best adventures await you.
"surprising amount of editorial control on this blog." LOL.

Congratulations, Darren!
Congratulations to you and your wife!
awesome news comgrats to you both,,,,,,, twins :-D
Thanks everyone!

We're still waiting...
Congratulations! I guess the due date has arrived and your wife and newborn are exercising editorial control over your time ;-)

Add a comment